Why? Here's why!
EVERYBODY LOVES WEDNESDAY NIGHT
Why is this night different from all other nights?
Here are a couple of things we are doing in order
to make your club game more enjoyable:
Masterpoints: Every game will feature extra masterpoints. They type of game will vary, some will result in an extra charge (fund games, NAP qualifiers, Charity games), and some carry no extra charge (Unit games, Club Championships, Membership games).
- Stratification: We aim to have the same number of pairs in each of the three strata. To accomplish this we set the strata breaks at 1000 for C and 2500 for B. Plus, the strata will be determined by total pair masterpoints, so if you personally are over 2500, but the total of your partnership is under 5000, you will be eligible for flight B. In C you may exceed 1000, but if your partnership total is under 2000 you can win awards as flight C. Plus, these higher limits in the strata increase the masterpoint awards for B and C.
- Non-Playing Director: If the game is 10 or more tables we guarantee a non-playing director. This will speed the game up, eliminate the problem of the director seeing hands before they play them, and getting to your table faster to make the rulings.
- Announcements: During the first round we will inform you of the conditions of contest and ask that cell phones be placed in silent mode.
- Hand records, automatic scoring: As in all TCBC games, you will have hand records available following the game and the scores will be posted on line at tcbridgecenter.com by the time you get home!
- Partnerships: You may call the Bridge Center and ask for a partner at any time. We are at the center about an hour before game time and will work on finding a compatible player for you. If you are willing to be ‘on call’ please let me know and I will contact you when someone is looking.
The bottom line is to make Wednesday night what the majority of the people want. Let me know what you think and what would make the game more attractive to you. See you Wednesday night!
Steven Gaynor, Wednesday night director
TWIN CITY BRIDGE CENTER: 612-861-4487